grass pasture

grass pasture
Honor & majesty are before Him; Strength & beauty are in His sanctuary. {Psalm 96:6}

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The King and His Bride

In the night, You came to me.
Locked far away in a dark, dreary place.
I am the Shulamite girl-out of sight,
Out of mind from the world outside.
To them, I am transparent.

In those times, He kept me alive.
Aye! My heart still steadily beats!
I was the trapped beauty. A ca'ged dove.
But the King of Glory set me free.
Across the meadow, we ran.
The dew dampening our garments.
{in a moment.....}
I was taken up by His swirling embrace.
Dapples of greens and blues danced before my eyes.
As the sun smiled in His.
My divine Romeo-
Yeshua.

He has come for me-to whisk me away.
Aye! But the bliss is short-lived.
In a hushed whisper, He tells me this,
"My hands are trained for war & my fingers for battle.
The time has come. The battle plan has been long ready."
I waste no time. My face is set toward His.
And war paint is smeared on.
We hasten together to the city as rockets fly
in the distant shores.

No comments:

Post a Comment