grass pasture

grass pasture
Honor & majesty are before Him; Strength & beauty are in His sanctuary. {Psalm 96:6}

Friday, June 17, 2011

King Eternal. King Immortal. King Invisible. {1 Tim. 1:17}







Hi everyone!!! Goodness! I have not done an update in AGES. So try to stay up with me as I fly through a couple months worth of stuff…






Weddings galore: Since the month of May, I've been to four weddings. One of my best friends, Fiorella {See picture :)}, got married and my other friend Carlie and I had the privilege of helping her with her guestbook together. I also got to help serve on the worship team and design her wedding invitations. I’m so happy for her!! Her father-in-law, Mr. Barnes had a hurt back or ankle I think while we were doing wedding prep. I got the chance to pray for him and God healed him. No pain!!! Praise the Lord!!



Worship: Music. The Arts. I have learned a lot from the worship class I took this past semester. I love that the invisible brings out the invisible. Isn’t it amazing that songs bring up things in the heart, feelings and desires you didn’t even know were there!?
One prayer request that I have is that the stage be an altar for me. I’ve been really encountering the Lord while I’m singing, even on stage. My favorite is just feeling the kiss of God on my heart and just crying, knowing He loves me.

21 Days of Fasting: There was a word about an attack on the women in our community in their callings. And that there was grace to break through any dullness of heart.
I felt like it applied to me and that night, I felt like a heavy burden I was carrying lifted off.

>Stand in the counsel of the Lord: Randy gave an analogy on how we are so into watching movies. For example, we go to the bathroom beforehand because we don’t want to go during it. And we use all our energy to hear everything and see everything going on. But when it comes to spending time with the Lord, we get so distracted. We don’t fight as hard to be with Him as we do watching a movie. This word really struck me. I believe God will help me to keep me from being so distracted!

I’m going through this season of returning to the Secret Place with the Lord. I’m only expecting the best things to come out of it. I desire everything in this season to be refreshed between the Lord and I. Please pray that I redeem the time use it wisely for His glory!


Faith is required for intimacy with God- Eph. 3:16-19
v. 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith...
Faith is intimacy. Intimacy with the Lord is believing every word that comes from His mouth. {Selah} ☺


MAY
Awaken The Dawn Conference (What God was emphasizing to me personally) {See photos}:
“He delights in me still in my brokenness”
Love of the Father
He notices me & wants others to see His love through me.





Awaken the Dawn 2011
-conference to encounter Jesus-






June
Redemption is so much better than perfection!
Genesis 1 and Ps 139: The Lord has been showing me the connection between these two passages. God created the earth without form, void, and with darkness on the face of the deep. Then, His Spirit hovered over the darkness. In Hebrew, the word “hovering” means dancing(at least one of the meanings)! ☺ And sooo, in the same way, (Ps 139:7-10) God loves to redeem us from our darkness and bring Himself greater glory!! There’s a lot more I can say about it, but I don’t wanna write too much, but ask me if you wanna know.

Testimonies
I met a woman I will call Jane at Otani Steak House on Father’s Day evening. She was talking to my friend Laurie and I because we sat at the same hibachi table. She told us twice that her dad had passed away a little while ago. So I think she was trying to drown the pain with alcohol. We were mostly listening to her when we got to the topic of movies, more specifically-Bruce Almighty. She quickly mentioned her praying to God and so I asked her if she did have a faith. Jane said she did but she still had many questions. I asked if I could pray for her right then and she agreed. Somewhere in the middle when I was praying, Jane started crying. I really felt impressed by the Lord that He wanted to show Jane His invitation of love as her Father, especially since she was missing her father so much. Afterwards, she was super thankful. She was thanking me and so was her friend who was with her, which we found out a second after praying that her name was also Laurie. Yes, spelled the exact same way as my friend Laurie who was with me!! I invite you all to pray for her to experience the love of the Father and not be afraid to ask all her questions to the Lord. God answers prayer!!

One day this summer, a group of friends and I went to the river. Jason, Daniel, Emily, and I got to talk to this guy near jumping rock about the Lord. It all started with two words of knowledge for him [let’s call him Joe]. Joe had just reconnected with two female figures in his life: his mom and his sister. And Daniel had received that information from God before Joe told us anything about that. Daniel and Jason shared their testimonies with Joe and Joe seemed very curious especially after the words of knowledge. Daniel also felt that Joe had trouble sleeping at night. We asked Joe about it and it was true. After all this talking, which ended up being around two hours!! The guys gathered around Joe and we prayed over him. Joe said he experienced a sense of peace and he felt his chest shaking even though the water was not cold. Hallelujah!
I got to share the Gospel with Joe, but he did not receive Jesus that day. We are still praying for him to come through and become one of God’s sons and our new brother. Please contend for him!! I feel like he will receive God, Jesus as his Savior!!

No comments:

Post a Comment